Greetings Friends!
Another summer has come and gone! Wow time flies! So much has happened since March! I was offered a contract in North Dakota but ultimately chose not to take it for several reasons: first, I didn't think I would have a place to live there. The oil boom is in full swing and they are crazy busy! Second, I would really like to possibly move back to Washington sometime (if it's in God's will), and I didn't think it would look good to move from district to district. So, I'm here in W.P. again and I'm busy decorating my classroom since the new school year starts in T - 6 days! So much to do!
Chilly and I went to Minnesota for 6 weeks this summer, which was super fun! It was nice to relax with family and friends. I had a lot of catching up to do since I've been gone for the better part of a year. I LOVED not working during the summer for once in my life. I actually got to participate in the trips to the cabin, the holiday get-togethers, the "Leverage" marathons with my cuz, coffee every morning, etc. It was fantastic!
I think things are going to be better this year. I feel like I am established here this year, I have friends, I have things to do, and I hope that I can start to make a real dent in my debt. I am truly optimistic for this year :) Now that hopefully all the district drama is behind us, we can move on and focus on what's best for the students!
Hopefully it won't be so long before I write again. I just wanted to update all y'all on what's going on as I prepare for my second year in fifth grade (apparently, the learning just didn't take the first time around LOL)... Drop me a line if you have time!
Blessings,
~A.J.
No comments:
Post a Comment