Greetings from Montana!
I hope you are all doing well... Sorry it has taken me so long to get a post out here! I've had some connectivity issues with the internet... I’m busy getting settled here in Montana and boy are things different! Not a bad thing though. My mom and I drove out last Thursday, and boy was it a long drive! We got to the house I’m renting and guess what!? No electricity! Awesome. Shortly thereafter, my brother and niece drove in from Washington. I was so excited to see my niece I could barely contain myself. We decided to stay in the house regardless of the electricity situation, but we used a lot of candles! I was afraid my neighbors would think “what kind of crazy just moved in? Are they having a séance?” So there we were just sitting and having a good time when all of a sudden a huge alarm starts going off in town (literally the alarm tower is across the street) and we are all thinking it’s a tornado. The alarm didn’t go on very long so we stayed upstairs. I found out the next day that every night at 11 pm that alarm sounds as a curfew bell. It was pretty amusing. I've pretty much gotten used to it now... just like all the other town people I suppose.
The next couple days we spent unloading the truck, unpacking boxes, and getting the house livable. Hannah and I still found time to have a lot of fun! On Sunday, we had a full fun day! We went to the Fort Peck Dam, saw “Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat” at the Fort Peck Community Theater (they did an amazing job!), went to our new friends farm, and enjoyed the company! At the farm, Hannah got to ride a big horse, we fed a llama, chased the guinea hens, and collected peacock feathers. Did I mention that my maniacal older brother locked me in a peacock pen? I was less than thrilled but everyone else laughed hysterically. Glad I could be entertaining anyways!
In other news, I got to see my classroom! It’s so nice! I have a Smartboard, and lots of room! I got my staff badge the other day! I feel so official! Woo-hoo! For the rest of the week I’ll be working on taking stuff down to the school (I only live a block from my school) and getting things put away. I’m off to do things but I’ll post again soon! Adios friends!
No comments:
Post a Comment